Scott Maust is an egg farmer who also races sailboats. When he’s not on a boat, he’s figuring out how to best take care of chickens in new housing (heated floors!) and working with a team to give them the best nutrition. Born and raised in Pidgeon, Scott runs Farm Crest Foods with his family.
Listen as Scott talks about:
- The life-changing decision he made after listening to a loud muffler
- The race from Miami to Havana, his first experience of racing on the open ocean
- Why he enjoys the people involved in agriculture
- What questions he gets about chicken feed and manure
- Why eggs, bacon, and steak are always better than pasta
To read more and listen to some audio click the source below.
Michigan Allied Poultry Industries is a producer-led organization that serves and represents over 50 Michigan family-owned poultry farms with more than 15 million laying hens, 6 million chicken broilers, and 5.3 million turkeys represented. Michigan Allied Poultry is committed to the advancement and prosperity of the poultry industry through advocacy, education and development.
Michigan Allied Poultry Industries, Inc.
PO Box 144
Hamilton, MI 49419